Rihanna's new album 'Talk That Talk' is raunchy

Monday, December 19, 2011

The pop and R&B singer is very popular among younger listeners and even performed at the 2010 Kids Choice Awards but has never been shy about using sex to sell music. Her stage performances and videos are often sexual in nature, her 2009 album is called "Rated R" and she scored a hit with her single "S&M," released earlier this year.
Rihanna appears in her 2011 music video We Found Love. - Provided courtesy of Island Def Jam Records
Many speculated weeks ago that the songs' lyrics would be more sexually explicit than those in her previous records.
But just how raunchy is "Talk That Talk"? We break down the tracks below.

1. "You Da One" - this slower-paced dance song is more about romance than anything else.
Sample lyrics: You the one that I dream about all day / You the one that I think about always / You are the one so I make sure I behave / My love is your love, your love is mine (Listen to the track here)
2. "Where Have You Been" 
Sample lyrics: I've been everywhere, man / Looking for someone ;/ Someone who can please me / Love me all night (Listen to the track here)
3. "We Found Love" - Rihanna recently performed this dance track on the UK version of the primetime reality show "The X Factor." However, its music video is highly sexual - so much that French television reportedly opted to avoid airing it after 10 p.m., according to the UK newspaper The Daily Mail.
The clip shows Rihanna and a man, played by rumored boyfriend Dudley O'Shaughnessy, simulating sexual acts, appearing to smoke pot and getting into heated confrontations, bringing to mind her real-life past abusive relationship with R&B singer Chris Brown. The man also appears to tattoo Rihanna's bare bottom with the beginning of the word "Mine." (Watch the video below)
Sample lyrics: Yellow diamonds in the light / And we're standing side by side / As your shadow crosses mine / We found love in a hopeless place
4. "Talk That Talk - feat. Jay Z" - three major expletives and a racial slur are contained in this dance track's lyrics, although such words are not sung by Rihanna
Sample lyrics (from Rihanna): "One and two and a three and four / Come on, let me know if you want some more / You know what I like, now get it right / Boy talk that talk to me all night
Sample lyrics (from Jay-Z): "I be trying to chill, (expletive)s wanna (expletive) me / Every little city I go, (expletive) me (Listen to the track here)
5. "Cockiness (Love It)" - This dance song contains heavily suggestive lyrics that contain verbs used in sexual acts. One of the "dirtiest" songs on the record.
Sample lyrics: I want you to be my sex slave / Anything I desire / Be one with my femin-ay / Set my whole body on fire Listen to the track here)
6. "Birthday Cake" - This dance song contains one expletive. Rihanna declares her sexual intentions toward a person, adding that she will make them a word that rhymes with 'witch.' 
Sample lyrics: It's not even my birthday / But he want to lick the icing off (Listen to the track here)
7. "We All Want Love" - this ballad bring back the romance.
Sample lyrics: We all want someone there to hold / We just want somebody / We all wanna be somebody's one and only / We all wanna be warm when it's cold (Listen to the track here)
8. "Drunk on Love" - Rihanna appears to want to announce her feelings to the world with this ballad disguised as a rock anthem.
Sample lyrics: You know I'm drunk on love / Drunk on love / Nothing can sober me up / It's all that I need, yeah (Listen to the track here)
9. "Roc Me Out" - there are no expletives in this dance track, but Rihanna teases in its sexually-suggestive lyrics that she has "dirty secrets" and that she has been a "bad girl." Definitely rated R. (Listen to the track here)
10. "Watch n' Learn" - Rihanna details where she plans to "do it, do it, do it," so keep this track away from the ears of the kiddies. (Listen to the track here)
11."Farewell" - Rihanna sings about letting someone go in this dramatic tearjerker of a ballad.
Sample lyrics: And I know you're going somewhere to make a better life / I hope that you find it on the first try / And even though it kills me That you have to go I know it'll be sadder / If you never hit the road / So farewell (Listen to the track here)

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Shared

 
© Copyright 2012-2013 Life Style All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Health | Published by Premium Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.